Sweet Potato and Spinach Breakfast Skillet
Rita's Mandel Bread
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, not sifted
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tsp each vanilla extract and almond extract
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup ground almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix flour and baking powder and set aside.
- Beat eggs, add sugar, and stir until smooth.
- Add oil, extracts, chocolate, and almonds to egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Fold in flour to egg mixture and mix until doughy.
- Form dough mixture into oblong log on cookie sheet. Dough will begin to spread.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Transfer cookies to wire rack to cool. Once cool, transfer to cutting board and slice lengthwise into pieces.
- For crispier cookies, put cookies back on cookie sheet after cooling and slicing and broil for 3 minutes. Turn cookies over and repeat for another 3 minutes or until toasted. Watch closely so cookies don't burn.