Sweet Potato and Spinach Breakfast Skillet
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup cheddar, cubed
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- 5 large eggs
- 1/4 cup salsa
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oil in skillet with cumin and pepper on medium low.
- Once spices are aromatic, add sweet potato and onion and cook until brown crust forms on outside of sweet potato, about 10 minutes.
- Add eggs and mix to combine. Let mixture cook for about 1 minute.
- Add spinach and cheese to mixture. Let cook about 3 minutes, or until spinach is soft.
- Turn off burner and add salsa. Mix to combine.
Save prep time by buying pre-cut sweet potato and onion, and cubed cheese. Add mixture to tortilla for a satisfying breakfast burrito!