Apple and Mushroom Meatloaf
This delicious Apple and Mushroom Meatloaf recipe uses mushrooms and apple in place of some of the meat, making it tasty and healthy!
- 16 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 16 ounces ground beef
- 1 small honeycrisp apple, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon tarragon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all ingredients except ground beef
- Once mixed well, add ground beef by hand and fold into mixture
- Transfer mixture to 9x9 baking dish
- Bake for 60 minutes, then increase heat to 375 and back for another 15-25 minutes
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving
You can saute the mushrooms first to remove some of the water content. Saute mushrooms with 1 tablespoon each fresh oregano and thyme, or 1/4 teaspoon each dried oregano and thyme. Once mushrooms are cooked, drain in collander to remove excess water. Add cooked mushrooms to raw mixture.
If you don't have tarragon mustard, you can use 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard with 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon.
You can use oats instead of breadcrumbs in a 1:1 substitution.