By allowing you to replace time spent searching for recipes and meal planning with exercising, spending time with family and friends, and doing other good-for-you-activities, certain smart kitchen appliances could help save on health care costs – a long-term win.
This quick and easy roasted potato recipe is great as a dinner side dish or to bring for a party or potluck.
- 3 pounds (lbs) petite red potatoes, quartered
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees on roast.
- Toss potatoes, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in a large mixing bowl.
- Transfer to roasting pan or cookie sheet.
- Roast for 45 minutes or until tender.
Potatoes can be roasted a day before they're going to be eaten and then quickly warmed on the stove before serving.
This delicious Apple and Mushroom Meatloaf recipe uses mushrooms and apple in place of some of the meat, making it tasty and healthy!
- 16 ounces mushrooms, chopped
- 16 ounces ground beef
- 1 small honeycrisp apple, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire
- 1 tablespoon tarragon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine all ingredients except ground beef
- Once mixed well, add ground beef by hand and fold into mixture
- Transfer mixture to 9x9 baking dish
- Bake for 60 minutes, then increase heat to 375 and back for another 15-25 minutes
- Let stand 5-10 minutes before serving
You can saute the mushrooms first to remove some of the water content. Saute mushrooms with 1 tablespoon each fresh oregano and thyme, or 1/4 teaspoon each dried oregano and thyme. Once mushrooms are cooked, drain in collander to remove excess water. Add cooked mushrooms to raw mixture.
If you don't have tarragon mustard, you can use 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard with 1 teaspoon fresh tarragon, or 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon.
You can use oats instead of breadcrumbs in a 1:1 substitution.